Dragon-Collection Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you really need DEF if your an ATK person?

3 posters

Go down

Do you really need DEF if your an ATK person? Empty Do you really need DEF if your an ATK person?

Post  Igus1227 Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:04 am

At lvl 22 I have STAM 50 ATK 196 and DEF 20

I only see defense as when people attack you.. I haven't seen it serve any other purpose , correct me if I'm wrong but if I'm focussing on a ATK deck I won't need all that DEF as well I can put some extra point in Stan from time to time?
Igus1227
Igus1227
Admin

https://dragon-collection.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Do you really need DEF if your an ATK person? Empty Re: Do you really need DEF if your an ATK person?

Post  Big Poopa Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:14 pm

For both ATK and DEF, there is no point of having one too high and not putting any stat points in the other. Having more ATK or DEF doesn't always automatically raise your actual attack or defense. Let's look at it this way:

You can only have 10 cards on the field,
@196 attack, you can have 10 cards with an average 19-20 cost monsters.
So unless all your monsters are at 19-20 cost, you just have wasted ATK.
Also, some of the highest ATK or DEF monsters have cost at around 20-24.

Here's a quick tip that can help you build a deck with current cards you have.
Sort ALL your cards by highest to lowest ATK (or DEF) and the first page will list your top 10 cards in that category. Add up all the costs and thats the ATK/DEF you will need to have your highest attack or defense deck. Of course this does not factor in monster skills.

Another tip: Your early levels should be focus on putting stat points in Energy.

Big Poopa

Back to top Go down

Do you really need DEF if your an ATK person? Empty Re: Do you really need DEF if your an ATK person?

Post  Igus1227 Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Well the way I was thinking is that I have all R's now and at 196 ATK only 157 gets used , I was just thinking for the future with SR's do you k ow what's the Max point on a SR? 25 I believe you said or were you talking about something els

Now for the energy , I was following a simple way .... I use the quest complete points the " +1" into stamina and the level up attributes on STR now what I was going to do was make STR 200 and start using the level ups for DEF and keep the stamina for the quest points and possibly the ally bonuses.
Igus1227
Igus1227
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Poopa Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:44 pm

The highest cost monsters outside of special sweets/ingredients monsters are the Theia cards which were awarded during the first Titan's Raid. They have a cost of 24 and are R+ and all 3 have ATK7880/DEF7600. The highest attack SR card (Perseus ATK8550/DEF6650) is 22 cost for comparison.

You'll always have more chances to get stat points from level up, quest completion, treasure completion, ally requests to build up your ATK and DEF later down when you start getting more monsters. But Energy early on will help you through Events that will help you get the better monsters.

Big Poopa

Back to top Go down

Post  Igus1227 Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:58 pm

How long do you suggest I build my stamina up until or is there a spesific order You would do it?

Btw I don't mind spending some cash on this game if that makes any difference
Igus1227
Igus1227
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Poopa Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:07 am

At this point, its pretty safe to work on Energy and leave ATK alone. DEF is only if you want to protect yourself from other players attacks. I've seen high level players that only have DEF20 and they seem to still enjoy the game just fine. Of course, they're the ones that I attack when they have a treasure I need lol.

Big Poopa

Back to top Go down

Post  Punchedbear Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:23 am

Lol I started my acc right when the Christmas event started, I just got my ark and def to a decent level then I pooled all my points into stamina.

Punchedbear

Back to top Go down

Post  Igus1227 Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:36 am

Punchedbear wrote:Lol I started my acc right when the Christmas event started, I just got my ark and def to a decent level then I pooled all my points into stamina.

I calculated and with a full 10 ATK deck of R's I have 46 points left over when I attack someone , maybe I should get my stamina to 100 then work on DEF a little
Igus1227
Igus1227
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum